Mexican Almond Cake Recipe
Serves 5 people.
- 300 grams ground almond, equivalent to 10.5 ounces (oz), 1 cup equals 70 grams. For this recipe you need 4 cups of almonds.
- 300 grams of sugar equivalent to 11.5 ounces (oz) 1 cup of brown sugar equals 180 grams. For this recipe you need 1 cup and 3/4 of sugar.
- 300 grams of flour equivalent to 10.5 ounces (oz) 1 cup of flour equals 120 grams. For this recipe you need 2 cups and ½ of flour.
- 300 grams of butter. 1 cup equals 225 grams then you need 1.305 of cup or 3 sticks of 90 grams each.
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon of royal baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of almond essence
100 grams of butter equivalent to 1/2 cup or 1 stick of 90 grams.
300 grams of sugar glass, 1 cup equals 80 grams. For this recipe you need 4 sparse cups, equivalent to 10.5 ounces (oz).
Stir the butter with the sugar. Add right after the eggs stirring
constantly. Add then the ground almonds and the essence.
At the very end, add the sifted flour and the baking powder. Stir well (you may use a manual blender or food processor).
Empty into three thin round pans previously greased and set in the oven at a temperature of 350 ° F ó 175 ° C for 1 hour.
Let it cool for 30 minutes and spread the bitumen all around placing one cake on top of the other.
The bitumen is prepared by placing the butter in the mixer until it becomes creamy and adding glass sugar to the desired point of sweetness.